To take full advantage of your site you truly need to maintain it. It’s a never-ending relationship, and like all acquaintances you must take time for consistent catch ups. You must be ensured that you are advertising yourself in a dynamic, pertinent and advanced way. Sites very soon get out of date, obsolete and static. Also, a site where nothing ever changes is not one that is going to persuade visitors to return. thus to help you express a little love towards your online advertising, Here’s a seven-ways wherein you can make certain that your site is still the one you need to be with.
The life cycle of a site starts from beginning plans and reaches to the end of the website. The website dwells in three diverse stages: first development then deployment and at last maintenance.
Most Effective Practices
• Maintain the code under version control.
• Keep separate environments for the diverse phases of the website, and keep them accord with the recent developments.
• Control the access to the creation site for everything except the most trusted clients.
• Analysis all logs occasionally, including Mysql, Drupal, and Apache.
• Review and evaluate your architecture occasionally and plan for the future.
Reliable alliance by version control
• Mistake: Overlooking version control system (VCS).
• Example: Copy the code periodically to backup folders as a technique of version control.
• Solution: Properly use version control system. Among Drupal developers Git is the most prevalent, but cutting edge framework is better than none is fine if used. Make sure you leave significant commit messages in order that colleagues can identify with the changes you have made.
• Mistake: Keeping unessential document in the VSC repository.
• Example: Image files, holiday images or database chucks pushed to the VSC repository.
• Solution: Keep the VCS as clean and little as would be feasible.
Deploy with version control
• Mistake: Uploading document to production through File transfer protocol.
• Solution: Deployment must come right away from the repository of VCS.
Safety throughout deployment
• Mistake: Production environment not appropriately protected.
• Example: Any developer can take a production snapshot so as to install on their laptop.
• Solution: Allow developers to take previews and have different access to development and staging environments, however, authorize production environment access just for the most trusted clients.
Test on environments as like production as feasible
• Mistake: Development and staging environments outdated or lacking some functionality.
• Example: Just testing in production for the reason that the other environments have outdated data or no link to an external service.
• Solution: Maintaining test environments as like production as feasible. With these, you can without much of a stretch copy from production and do tests to ascertain that changes will work when moved to production.
Keep your website up to date
• Mistake: Websites still making use of outdated code for core and contributed modules.
• Solution: Maintain all modules and core as up to date as feasible.